Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July

I am soo mad at myself. Here I start a blog because I think it will make me take pictures of the kids, and then I don't take any pictures of the 4th. My only excuse is that we really didn't do much. Philip went to Stadium of Fire with his friend, Mitch. So it was just Me, Tyler and the girls. To be honest, it was really nice to have just a quiet evening at home. We went next door to Grandma Karol's to do fireworks (we were afraid to do them here with all the dead weeds. We didn't want to risk burning the house down.) Karol and Lee were also at Satdium of Fire. The girls had a blast with Tyler. Maggee, Ellie, and Lucy used Karol's long watering spray as a microphone and sang a concert for me and Tyler while we were lighting fireworks. We had our own little barbeque with hot dogs and corn on the cob. We came back home and watched the fireworks at memorial hill from our balkony off of our bedroom. Tyler laid a blanket on the ground and we all laid together. The highlight of the night was definitely when Maggee all of a sudden saw the big dipper and said., "Dad, look, the big dicker." Tyler and I could not stop laughing, but our laughing broke Maggee's heart. Tyler kept telling her that we were laughing at how cute she is. Gotta love kids.

No comments: