Tuesday, October 28, 2008

October fun

Just to warn everyone, this is a very long post. I just have lots of things that I need to record for this month, so feel free to skip because of length, or Enjoy!

So much has been happening this month. My life is usually pretty boring with not much action other than usual every day "mom" stuff. This month has been quite different. I think that this is the first week that I don't have ANYTHING planned. I was laying in bed this morning thinking about all that has gone on this month and couldn't help but feel greatful and happy for my life. I have been able to do a lot of fun outings with just grownups, but also my kids. I absolutely love Halloween. I love everything about it. I love dressing my kids up. I love all scary shows, even the ones for kids on the disney channel. I love staying up late with tyler once the kids have gone to bed to watch "our shows." Who doesnt love Candy? Tyler and I love to take our kids trick-or- treating to all the family members, but we have to return home early cause we also love to hand out candy. Which I do love trunk-or-treats, but it does take away the good "old" fun out of trick-or-treating.

Earlier this month my sisters and I, along with our husbands, went to a haunted house. I haven't been to one of those since high school. It was soooo much fun!! I do have to say that I think I laughed more at my sister Darci and her laughing followed by snorting more than any of the scary stuff we walked through. I fell twice going through the mazes. Who wouldn't fall when it is pitch black and stairs come out of no where? It was nice to have a nice strong husband that would guard me and I could push him into anybody that came up to or near me. This haunted house had a zip line, live bands, ghost stories for kids, and fortune tellers. The music was pretty fun. People were dancing and I almost felt like tyler and I were in back in high school on a date. It is always nice to feel young again. It was way fun. IT's called the Dreaded Grove in American Fork if anyone one of you dare to go. (sorry no pics. I took the camera, I just never got it out.)

My friends from high school usually have a girls trip every year. This year we decided to stay around here because of all the babies that have been born. I , unfortunately, was unable to go but I have gone to previous trips in the past and I am soo greatful for the friends I have and that we are just as close now as we were in high school. Maybe even more. OH and I can't forget the evening I was able to sneak away to Lesa's house and watch The Strangers with her after the kids were put to bed. Thanks Steve for letting me steal your wife in your own house for a few hours. Yes, Lesa walked me to my car and made sure all was safe before I got in to drive home. I mean, what are friends for. Right!

Tyler and I had some friends over for a dinner and games. I don't think I have laughed so hard in all my life. My stomach was seriously hurting. Tyler was the man of the hour with all the great food him and his mom came up with to serve. OK , I know you are all thinking, why didn't I cook. Right? Well, I cleaned the house, made all the phone calls, and gave assignments to other couples as to what to bring. I think it was definitely a 50/50 effort. AND I did this with a major head ache. I really am not trying to take the lime light away from Tyler. He did do the work that made the night a hit. Thanks hon. You are the best. OH and for those of you who were there, I took the mirror down. Just couldn't go into my girls's bathroom and have a certain vision in my mind. Thanks Danny for that one! I really did like that mirror. Rachel, you will be getting chocolate for Christmas, and every other holiday after that! Mark, all I can say is, You Are Funny! We really do all love you. Josh and Tiffany, I didn't know you had so many hidden secrets. to Kam, all I can say is "Oh Mannn!!" Jenny, I am soo sorry. I don't know how you handle that husband of yours. I know I am looking forward to our next get-together.

My favorite thing that was accomplished this month was the planting of all our 20 trees. Yes, I said 20!!! So we have trees now. We may be doing our yard backwards in the planting area but we have had these trees for two winters now and just had to get them into the ground. We originally had 22 trees, but two died. I was upset about that until we started planting and I was sooo greatful for the two dead ones. I loved seeing all my kids working together so hard, and so anxious to work! I have to admit. I am pretty good with a shovel. I think I even surprised Tyler.

Last saturday, Karol had a halloween party for all the grandkids. They loved it! They got to go trick-or-treating to grandma's house, have food, and lots and lots of candy. They also played games. She also gave them fun prizes. Whistles!! um, not so fun for the parents. Especially me.

Last but certainly not least, Tyler surprised the kids last night and came home at 2:30 to take them to a matine to see High School Musical 3. Cause you know it is like half the price if you go before 5pm. The girls were so excited. On the way to Provo every five minutes Maggee would ask, "Are we there yet?" When we got into the theater and the movie started, Lucy (I will remind you she is 3) turned to Tyler and said, "Dad, Troy likes, me and I like him." She was soo good through the whole movie. So I will admit, Tyler and I also enjoyed it.

I could go on and on about other stuff that has also happened this month but this post is long enough, and probably boring to most of you. I do have pictures of a few things but haven't downloaded them yet. I will add them later. Wow ,we still haven't hit Halloween yet, so I still have pumpkin carving, and trunck-or-treating left to make more memories.

7 comments:

Labrum Family said...

Wow I am impressed. But I can't believe you went to the haunted house without me. You and Danni are going to get it! Don't take the mirror down it was cute. You will forget the whole Danny thing in a couple years hopefully?

Anonymous said...

what! you went to hsm3 without me i so sad now!

Katie said...

sounds like a fun month! loved hsm3!

Annie said...

Tyler, High School Musical 3? What a good man.

Autumn said...

It has been a busy month for you... wish I could hang out with you more. It makes me sad we live so far apart.

ldsppd said...

I love reading your blog but it is no replacement for hanging out with you. Now that you are less busy I hope we will see you.

Mimi said...

Hey Brittoni...

Of course I remember you! We always hung out in Jessica's room looking at all of her pictures- and talked about how great it was going to be where we were seniors! How is Jessica? Do you keep in touch with her? I saw missy awhile back- she has a little boy.

Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I am going through a little rough patch ;-) I am so glad that everything went so well with Philip- it is so crazy having kids in the hospital.

I liked high school musical too. I haven't seen the one that just came out, but it's fun to watch a movie with someone from your hometown in it.

Your daughter is super cute. My little girl cut her hair herself aswell. So helpful!! I cried- it is now just starting to look ok. She cut it a year ago.

Thanks again for caring about sweet little Mia- hopefully we will get good news soon.