Monday, October 13, 2008

Frozen Pumpkin Brains

We did a fun activity with the kids tonight for family night. But in all honesty, I think Tyler had the most fun. We always try to do some fun halloween treat throughout the month of October. In the eleven years that we have been married I am really surprised that Tyler hasn't shown me this one before. I will give Tyler credit for it being a good idea (even though I know the idea most likely came from Karol)

These are organges with the insides taken out and replaced with orange sherbet. The kids just wanted the corn candies on top to add some extra sugar. Be careful when removing the inside of the orange. It squirts everywhere! ok, ok, so I was the only one that got squirted by my orange. The kids are never going to let me live it down.

Now if you are counting these orange/pumpkin faces you will notice that there are only five and there are six members in our family. This is what Lucy was doing.........


She didn't get a nap today.

7 comments:

Labrum Family said...

that is a cute idea, I will have to try it sometime.

TJ and Whitnee said...

Those little pumpkins are really cute! I want to make one, and I don't even have kids to use as an excuse to make them!

Brittoni said...

They are very fun and yummy. You never need kids for a yummy treat.

Katie said...

That is such a great idea! We will have to try it out next Monday!

Your story about Lucy cracks me up, it sounds like we are going through some of the same issues with our kids!

Let me know what day works for you to get together!

Annie said...

Fun. We need to kick up the fun in our family nights.

Kori said...

Thanks for the great idea. My little guy is still to young for this but I'm putting it in a book of things to do with him later. Come to think of it that is a great Young Women dessert. You are the best. I'm so glad I can keep in touch through blogging.

katrina berg said...

what a fun fhe! can't wait to try it. laya lady...hey, want me to pick you and lucy up mon for playgroup?