Monday, October 20, 2008

Family Fun

I really should have done this post a few weeks ago, but I just kept forgetting. Tyler, the kids and I went to my parent's house for conference weekend. It was a lot of fun. My sister, Danni, and her two girls were there along with my other sister, Darci, and her two boys. Danni also brought DJ, Shelby, and Riley with her. So, of course, Philip was in boy heaven.
We bought the boys these glow in the dark shirts. They loved them. One moring, early in the morning, I woke up to these three trouble makers dancing around my bed. They thought I was asleep. I, of course, pretended to be asleep. After my bed, they continued on to all the other beds where people were still asleep. Of course, DJ and Shelby were still asleep cause isn't that all teenagers do is sleep? When I went down for breakfast they were whispering to each other and laughing. When I asked them what they were talking about they kept saying, "nothing!" So I asked them if it had anything to do with them dancing aroun my bed. All three gave looks of shock. I reminded them that moms know all. You can never trick us. They wore these shirts the full three days we were there and never took them off. I told Philip that he needed to take his off so I could wash it and Tyler informed me that I needed to let him be a boy.
During the two sessions on saturday, me, Danni, Darci, my mom, DJ, and Shelby all went out to lunch. These have to be the biggest brownie sundays I have ever seen! And, of course, every bit of them were eaten.


You gotta love confrence packets. Nothing keeps the kids more into watching confrence.


This weekend was a lot of fun. When my family is all together it is pretty big, but to get everyone together usually never happens. This weekend was no different. No, not everyone was there, but a lot more than usual were there. My Lucy, and Darci's Treyvon are the youngest grandkids. So many of them are getting a lot older. It was fun to have DJ and Shelby come with the women for lunch and a few more graduated to the adult dinner table and were thrilled not have to eat with the littler ones. It is also becoming a "new" fun to hang out with some of the older grandkids. Wow, I can't believe that in reality my parents could become great grandparents in the next few years. Time sure flies.


These are just some last few random pictures that were taken. I just realized that I didn't take any of tyler that weekend, or at any time. I will work on that. Sorry hon.

1 comment:

halesrock said...

Cute pictures - it looks like you had a great time. It's funny how even though we live so close I find out more about what you're doing through your blog - is that pathetic? You're a great mom, and have adorable kids.