Monday, October 13, 2008

Autumn Time

Lucy will be four in January and we are still having an issue with her going to the nursery by herself. On sunday I went in with her. She sat as close as she could to me the whole time. She would not repond to the teacher at all during the two hour period we were there, accept for her comment to the teacher that she could not eat during snack time because her leg was hurting and she didn't want food in her leg while it was hurting. Lucy has the nicest teacher alive. If anyone of you know who Manogn Probst (sp?) is, knows you cannot ask for anyone nicer. During singing time Sister Probst asked all the kids to stand up and pretend their arms were trees and sing, It's Autumn Time. Lucy, of course, would not do it. She sat on my lap with a sour look on her face and stared down at the carpet. I just kept thinking, "this is a waste of my time." I kept trying to get Lucy to sing the song but she played the ignoring game quite well. The whole two hours were pretty much this way. When we got home from church, I came downstairs from changing my clothes and Tyler was videoing Lucy singing, It's Autumn Time. What? Was she really listening that whole entire time? I swear I don't know where she gets her stubornness from.

2 comments:

Ang said...

Lucy is so cute! Kylie was the same way in nursery. Don't be surprised if Lucy is still wanting mommy when she's 6 :)

Annie said...

Cute. A little diva soloist, eh.