Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Boy am I a softy





So....Ellie has a little bit of a sleeping issue. If she is not in bed by no later than 8:30 every night, school is almost impossible the next day. School has only been in for a few weeks and she has already fallen asleep on the bus TWICE coming home. The bus driver has to wake her up to tell her that they are at her stop. The past couple of days Ellie has been coughing...alot. Then last night she didn't get to bed til 10pm, which I will admit was partly my fault. I wasn't feeling well with my usual head issues so Tyler took the kids outside and had a bonfire with them and roasted hot dogs, and marshmellows. Dang it! No pictures. I'll have to check with Karol and see if she took any. Well, by the time they came in they had to shower off the campfire smell, it was already 9pm. So Ellie didn't get her homework done. We stayed up and did it. Morning came and it was like waking up the dead and she really has been coughing....alot. So.....I gave in and let her stay home from school. I really didn't want a phone call from the teacher saying she had fallen asleep in class. Her teacher last year was really good about it. She told me that as long as Ellie had her work done for the day, she would just let her sleep. I don't know how her new teacher will be. So me, Lucy, and Ellie are all home to day and I can't help but think....This is nice! With four kids it isn't always easy to spend one on one time with each kid. Today....I have that time with Ellie.

3 comments:

Nelson said...

You've got a sleeping beauty on you hands. We would get along well. I love to sleep. When I put the kids down for a nap, I sometimes put myself down as well.

Labrum Family said...

you forgot about the one on one time with me that day too! How are you doing?

ldsppd said...

It was so fun to see you on Monday - you have such a dream house, but there will never be another place like Grandma Carol's backyard.