Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine Blues

I have to give all credit for Valentine's Day this year to Tyler. I do usually try to plan something fun and out of the ordinary for us but I just didn't have it in me this year. One year a group of my friends and I planned a scavanger hunt for our hubbys. We sent ransome notes to their work saying their wives had been kidnapped and to follow the clues if they wanted their wives safely returned to them. That year , by far, has been one of my most memorable valentines with Tyler. They had to go to various places around town and perform dances and songs in order to receive their next clue. In the end they found all of us wives tied up together. We went to dinner and played games. That year we were living with Karol so Tyler and I got a room to stay in down in Provo. This year, I am ashamed to admit, I did absolutely nothing! Usually it's the wife complaining that the husband didn't do anything. I have felt soo crappy these last few months and these last few weeks inparticular. I really wanted to plan a fun date wich would include maybe an afternoon movie and then an earlier dinner.

Philip had a bball game saturday morning and tyler told me to stay home and rest. After they had left for the game, I got out of bed to go down stairs to take my meds and low and behold there was a box full of roses for me! Tyler said that he only ordered a dozen but 17 came. They were different colors. They also came with a small hear box of chocolates. I felt horrible because I didn't even get him a card. Boy did I blow it this year! When they got home I told Tyler that I had wanted to take him out but I just didn't think I would make it. He was soooo understanding. We stayed in all day with the kids and watched movies. That night Tyler made a candle light dinner for me and the kids. What a sweetheart! So I guess I can't say anything the next time Tyler forgets to give me a card or take me out for a special occassion,or.....gives me a can opener!

Tyler didn't just stop at Valentine's Day. I just kept feeling worse and worse so early sunday morning (3:30am) I woke Tyler up and told him I couldn't stand it anymore. We headed down to St. Mark's and I had a spinal tap done. Boy does my head feel better now. Tyler was so patient with me and held me down so my body would stop shacking, and held my hand during the whole procedure. So today is Tuesday and I have been in bed since sunday morning and Tyler has taken over the house and the kids. Thanks to Karol who came and did some cleaning and all of the kids's laundry. I must confess that tyler has put up with poor housework and no laundry really being done for quite some time now. Philip's birthday is today and Tyler made his birthday dinner. What a man!!! and...........he is MINE!!!

6 comments:

Michael and Cassie said...

I'm sorry you've been so sick! I've been pretty sick too, but not nearly as bad as you! I hope you get feeling better soon! Tyler is a good man! You definitely married into the "Wright" family! :)

Ang said...

What a great husband - Tyler is awesome! I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so bad - the past couple months have been worse than usual for me too. Makes me wonder if the weather or something makes pseudo-tumor worse?!

Nelson said...

Sorry you've been sick. It's just not fair.
Loved hearing about the kidnapping valentines. I might have to try that out next year.

Autumn said...

Tyler is a GREAT Man and a wonderful brother!!! I love you guys!

halesrock said...

I have always said that whoever marries my brothers are lucky girls, and that you are! I don't think your efforts should go unnoticed though. I know that no one understands how you feel, but you still support your children and Tyler with a good attitude. You are a great mom, and we are lucky to have you in our family : ) Love ya

Annie said...

I hope you are feeling better this week!