Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Imaginary friends

We have some new members in our family. Lucy introduced me to Sleeping Beauty, Wickey, Peter Pan, and her new cat Saraphina. Lately these new friends go every where with us! A setting has to be set at the table when we eat and they have to be involved with everything the family does. Tyler was in a lot of trouble the other day because he didn't see Saraphina, the cat, and stepped on her. Lucy could not look at Tyler all day without giving him a dirty look! Lucy has not been sleeping in her bed agian lately. She says this is because her friends are sleeping in her bed and so she can't. If there is a mess left behind where Lucy has been playing, conveniently it was peter pan, or wickey, or sleeping beauty that left the mess. She says that she should not have to clean it up because they need to learn to clean up their own messes!! She gets really upset if we interupt her frineds talking to her. Where does she come up with these things?

I remeber my sister's kids having imaginary friends. Shelby always had girlfriend and boyfriend. I remember them having to eat with the whole family. Riley had Goo Goo. They had these friends for a long time and then one day they were gone. I always thought it was so funny. Non of my other kids have had the imaginary friend syndrome. But, of course, it would be Lucy who has them. She talks to them all day long and it is quite interesting to listen to these conversations. She gets mad at them one minute and then the next she says they are friends again! She does seem to be fully entertained with these friends and likes her privacy with them also. So I wonder how long these new friends will stick around. I look in her eyes and see that little mind spining a mile a minute and I wonder what she will come up with next. I really need to find a preschool for her next year. Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Autumn said...

That's so funny!!! i love it.

Katie said...

So funny! We haven't had those imaginary friends at our house yet, but whose to say it won't happen!

McKay has been to Sunshine Circle, Jolley Kids and Little Learners for preschool. Jolley Kids is really academic and Little Learners focuses more on social skills, so it depends on what you are looking for. I have heard great things about Sunshine Circle too. McKay only went there from Jan-May when he turned 3 and then some things came up. Laurie at Little Learners is my Aunt and she does a great job. I know she is filling up quick too!

Hope we can get together again soon!

camille said...

this made me laugh...my Caroline has an imaginary "family". They are the "doh's" We have to hug and kiss them at night!

Michael and Cassie said...

That seriously is so funny! do you have to set a place for each one of them at dinner? what a funny girl!

Krista said...

Hey, Krista(Atwood) Johansen here. It was good to hear from you. I've been thinking about my high school buddies a lot lately. Hope all is well. Your kiddos are cute. I'm trying to figure out all this computer stuff like facebook, but I'm technologically challenged as you may have noticed by my lame blog. My Kaven is eight and he STILL has imaginary friends. Their names are exen and jessica and supoosedly their parents died so they came to live with us! Talk about imagination!

Nelson said...

She is hilarious!
I know that I am overgeneralizing, it could have something to due with birth order -youngest child syndrome.
I am the youngest, and I too remember having pretend friends. My bro's were in school and I was lonely.
Also, I am starting a preschool next fall. Let me know if you are interested.

halesrock said...

She's a funny girl - maybe they could come with her when she visits our house. Rachael had an imaginary friend named Arideen and he/she (whatever it was) lived in the plant. It's funny what they come up with, and the names...where do those come from?