Saturday, December 20, 2008

Just a small confession

So ever since we moved into our house, Lucy has been sleeping with us. Or I guess I should say that ever since she was born she has been sleeping with us. Her bed has been set up in her room but she refuses to sleep in it. She always tells us it is too scary for her to sleep in her own bed even though she shares a room with Maggee. We have even told her that she could sleep in Maggee's bed with her but she would not agree to that. Most of our kids have slept with us and Tyler and I do not mind this. Non of them have had a problem moving into their own beds. I was a little worried about them sleeping in their own rooms when we moved in here because of the fact that they have all always slept together in one bed. The problem with Lucy is she is all over the place or has to be right up next to you all night long making it so that you can't move. So we started bribing her with EVERYTHING! Nothing was working until one morning she saw a My Little Pony castle commercial. Well she begged and begged for this. We told her that if she slept in her own bed we would buy it for her, and guess what? She did it!!! Yeah for Lucy!!


Ok, so now for the small confession, and it really is small...............Her bed is in our room. But...She sleeps in it. We had to try and positin the bed so that she could still watch her barbie movies in our room and be able to see it.


I will admit that she doesn't sleep in her bed every single night, and after we bought her the pony castle she had a set back. Grandma Karol was asking her if she slept in her bed by herself and Lucy would tell her no because her bed isn't comfortable. So Karol gave her an egg foam matress that we folded over to make her bed extra comfy and now she really does sleep in her bed EVERY NIGHT!!!

small side note.........Now Lucy tells everyone that Maggee has her own room and Lucy's room is upstairs. Even though all of Lucy's clothes and things are in Maggee's room. This child is one of a kind, but we love her!

6 comments:

Nelson said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this confession. So funny. Especially the egg foam thing.

Ang said...

So cute - she'll get there eventually. She has the sweetest little face, it's probably impossible to say no to her. Both of my kids slept in my bed last night - I always let them in when they're sick. I'll be sad when they're old enough to not want to crawl into Mommy & Daddy's bed.

Annie said...

So far we've been lucky to have kids that sleep in their own beds. I don't what I'd do with one in my bed. I wouldn't sleep.

Brittoni said...

I am with you there Ang. Our kids all still come into our room some time or another because of a bad dream of sickness and we will never turn them away. To make you feel better, Philip will still ask to come in our room when he is scared and he will be 11 in a month!

Labrum Family said...

I noticed, when I was there the other day. Only Lucy!! She is so funny.

Labrum Family said...

Where is your Christmas post Slacker!!!!