Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Real Christmas Tree Dilema Continues

I had the most relaxing day on monday. Had to take Ellie to the doctor because of a rash that spread all over her body. Found out it is a food allergy (green beans we think. lucky for her since she HATES them) and had to be put on a steroid. Debit card wouldn't work because it expired so called to activate new card and my cell wouldn't work. Went to Tyler's grandma's house to activate my card and it only took a few long minutes to realize that my card was under tyler's social and not mine. Finaly make it back to the store to find out her perscription was only $2. What!?! I had that much change on me. Dropped Ellie and Lucy off at Karols to go home and find this..............................................





I really am trying to have a good attitude about real trees. I do know that this could have happened with a fake tree also. But...with it being real, water was spilt everywhere including down into my plug in the floor. This picture does not do true justice. I have big lights that were shattered and half of my little lights no longer work. The star on top was broken along with other ornaments. I just couldn't deal with it after the kind of morning I had already been having so I went to Salt Lake and decided to leave it for Tyler to deal with it.

I left the girls with Karol because the doctor had said that the steroid could make Ellie a little sick to her stomach so I thought I would save tyler the trouble of having a throwing up child left with him at work. I swear I told him the kids would be left with Karol but aparently I didn't. A few hours later I got a phone call from a not so happy husband who had been waiting for an hour in the parking lot at work for me to drop the kids off to him. Boy did I get an earful and all I could think of was "oh, no! He is in a bad mood and now he is going to go home and find the Christmas tree the way I left it." Needless to say I was not too excited to get home. Ellie was supposed to take her second steroid pill around 4 because it can keep them awake. Well I look in my purse and low and behold there the pills are. Crap! I forgot to take them out of my purse before I left for Salt Lake. I got home around 7:30 and despite the Dr.'s warnings I gave her the second pill cause I didn't want her to miss it. I really didn't think it would be that bad. I thought she would be awake till around 9 maybe 10. Nope. 4am I finally heard her deep breathing and knew she was asleep!! So sorry ellie, I really wasn't trying to torture you.

Don't worry Tyler and I are on speaking terms and all worked out. The tree was standing when I got home, but a lot of the lights don't work and I am going to do absolutely nothing about it!

8 comments:

Annie said...

Wow! What a horrible thing to come home to. As if December is hectic enough.

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

That's funny about your tree! It's even funnier to me cuz I would have totally done the exact same thing! Left it!

Katie said...

I would have freaked out! AHH!!!! I bet it looked so nice when it was all up and decorated!

Ang said...

So sorry you had such a bad day! I used to insist we get a real tree every year. A couple years ago John finally convinced me to get a fake one, and I will never go back. I do not miss the mess one bit. That is really weird that Ellie and Kylie both have rashes and are on steroids at the same time...we really need to get together soon.

steph said...

Oh I am so sorry but glad that everything all worked out! Hope the rest of the Holidays go better!

Autumn said...

Rough Day?

Nelson said...

I can't believe all of this happened to you in one day! I too am trying to have a good attitude about the real tree. It is difficult. Fake all the way baby!!!

Labrum Family said...

Sorry you had such a crazy day. I knew you should have just come with me shopping. It made for a funny blog post though?