Monday, November 10, 2008

Just our luck!!

She may look happy here, but this was not the picture until about a half hour ago. Crying all day long!!!
Yes, it is true, Lucy broke her leg! It happened aroun 9am this morning. I was in checking my e-mail and in the background I could hear the tip tap of those fun dress up shoes on my brick floor. The noise kept getting closer to me until all of a sudden the dreadful scream occured. So being the great mom that I am, I kept saying, "ok, come on Lucy. It is ok. Now walk!" She would not walk all morning long. I kept debaiting, should I take her in , or should I not take her in? I kept bribing Lucy with EVERYTHING. We all know Lucy can be quite the drama queen sometimes. Nothing would convince her to walk! Tyler came home from work and we took her in. For the momment she is in a splinter that was formed to her leg. She will be in this splinter until next monday and then a different cast will be put on. Now I know you are all thinking how happy she looks in this picture. It is amazing how giving her leg some support , nice pain medicine, and a big bowl of candy (tyler's doing) can make her smile.
Now this smile didn't last too long. It was all great unitl Ellie came up to her and told her she had a fake cast on. We assured her that her cast is real, well kind of. At this very momment I can hear her in the living room singing twinkle twinkle little star and is in the exact same position as in the picture above. It is a good thing that Lucy is very good at entertaining herself. I am sure going to get my exersize carrying her everywhere!!

9 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, so sad! I hope her little leg will heal soon!

I'm heading out of town for a few days again--just got home from St. George and then taking my students to California for a conference. When I get back, I'll call you and hopefully we can meet up!

steph said...

Poor little Lucy! Looks like you guys are taking great care of her. I may be coming up to Heber this week. I'll let you know and maybe I can stop by.

Nelson said...

Oh no! So sad for her.

Autumn said...

That's so sad... I feel so bad for her!!! Get well Lucy!!

Erin said...

Brittoni! Ha ha! You are so cute! Of course I remember you and to be quite honest I have stumbled upon your blog a few times from other peoples. (you know how that happens!) Thanks for commenting.....and don't feel stupid. That's the fun of blogging...finding old friends and people you know. Do you still keep in touch with Jessica?

You have an adorable family, your kids are so cute. Poor little Lucy! And funny we both have Ellie's.

Annie said...

Man! How long will my little Lucy have to wear a cast? I'm so sad for her.

Jill said...

Oh, poor Lucy! I'm thinking the big bowl of candy is just what she needs! It would make me feel better for sure!

Kori said...

Poor Lucy. First the hair and now the leg. Honestly, how do mother's deal with everything. It amazes me how tough kids are one minute and how fragile the next. Cayson is teething now and it is miserable. I hope the bowl of candy did the trick of keeping her smile turned right side up for the rest of the day.

Jamie Curtis said...

poor little girl!! i hope she gets feeling better soon!