Monday, May 16, 2011

An Ellie Memory

I was going to just post a picture of Ellie but I had to show off my amazing kids in their Easter outfits! But this post is really about Ellie.

I always want my kids to feel like they can come and tell me anything. Tyler and I try to be very open and patient with them (tyler being the better one). I always ask Philip who he likes, who he thinks is cute, and everything I can think of about his friends. He, however, does not want to share ANYTHING with me, which makes me a little sad. I am still working on changing that. He just gets embarrassed and turns red, and says he won't tell me because he does not want me to tease him. I always tell him that I am just interested and want to know what is going on in his life. Well aparently Ellie has been listening in on our conversations, and she is not so shy to share. Which I LOVE!!!

Here is a conversation we had the other day...........

Ellie: mom, you know that kid that I told you about who likes me?
me: yes, what about him?
Ellie: Well, he likes me ALOT!!!
me: Oh really?? How do you know this?
Ellie: Well today at school he gave me a note that asked me to meet him behind the hill at recess.
me: Oh really?? Did you?
Ellie: Yes
me: And......What did he say?
Ellie: He said He really likes me alot!
me: Oh...well...what did you say?
Ellie: I just said OK and ran away.

I love it! I absolutely love that she told me. I remeber being that age and the little crushes that I had. I just hope that she will continue to tell me about these little secret meetings behind the hill as she gets older.

2 comments:

Kori said...

Such a cute family you have! I loved those secret crushes. So cute!

Nicole said...

That is so CUTE!!! What a great relationship to have. Your kids are so adorable!!!